Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Basketball Fantasies

My fantasy basketball draft was held tonight and team Larry Turd (me) selected Tim Duncan over Chris Bosh in the second round. I have as much respect for Duncan as a grown man can have for a basketball player, but I'm not a fan of his. The frightening thing (as a Raptors' fan and a fantasy owner) is that I believe 31-year-old Duncan will give me more games than 23-year-old Bosh.

Duncan managed 80 games in each of the last two seasons, while Bosh played in 69 and 70 respectively. But set the DeLorean to 2004-2005 and you would find something else to consider: Bosh played 81 games and Duncan played 66.

Both have suffered that scourge of the NBA - plantar fasciitis - but Bosh's fluid-swollen knees are worrying. He's aiming to play tomorrow against Cleveland, and after sitting out since Oct. 7 he says his knee feels "85 per cent". That percentage isn't high enough.

I'm trying to remain positive, but to reiterate, I'm a Raptors fan and I took Tim Duncan ahead of Chris Bosh in the second round of my fantasy draft.

1 comment:

mike w said...

Dude, I went to the Raptors game last night and, well, I think I'm in love with that mascot.

And CB4.

And all of those Spaniards.