Wednesday, February 20, 2008

City, and Bosh, on Fire

This isn't a photo of Chris Bosh leaving the ACC tonight, it's a photo that I took outside of my house at 5:30 this morning. I would normally whine about not sleeping but, given the circumstances, I'm just happy that my place isn't smouldering, although the neighbourhood smells exactly like you'd expect it to.

But fuck all that, the Raptors won tonight!

Chris Bosh loves playing the Magic like David Blaine loves feigning magic, or like Cookie Johnson loves Magic (Johnson). In Bosh's last five games against Orlando he's averaged 33.8 PPG. The reason: Dwight Howard can't guard him, as evidenced by CB4's free throw stats in those five games (11-11; 14-14; 15-17; 14-16; and 14-15). Those are HUGE, Dwyane-Wade-in-the-playoffs numbers. True, Bosh can't guard Howard either (Dwight had 37 tonight), but the Raptors have more weapons than Orlando, namely an actual point guard. I'd rather play Orlando than Cleveland in the playoffs, but it's starting to look inevitable; the only debate being who will have homecourt.

Friday and Sunday will be a home-and-away against the Knicks, who lost by 40 tonight to the Sixers. Consider the Knicks' coach, general manager and season, then watch this and tell me that the team couldn't be the subject of a horrifically compelling reality show. Add the Knick girls and a Sheraton and you've got the best season of Paradise Hotel ever.

I keep hearing about Dixon and Joey going to the Warriors for Pietrus, but given TJ's fragility and our glut of swingmen I can't see this happening unless Colangelo's feeling especially generous towards Juan and his 11.9-MPG trade request.

No comments: